Work Boots are important for all types of workers. Work boots keep your feet dry and free from foot diseases. During work, you deal with water in some conditions. Someone faced this problem every day. Wet feet all day long may cause many foot diseases. For this reason, you should know how to waterproof your work boots.
If boots are soaked for a long time, fungus, bacteria, and other micrograms can grow in these boots that may lead to serious foot diseases. you are working in wet conditions all day long, it is a very uncomfortable condition for you.Wet conditions may create an area for blister formation and other foot diseases. Then blisters may move into peeling, cracking areas.Being wet for many hours, trench foot, immersion foot syndrome may occur. All these diseases may avoid or reduce risk by treating them regularly.
Break-in work boots:
It will make your boots soft inside and feel comfortable. It will reduce foot pain and prevent blisters formation in the feet.
There are many ways to break the boots:
- Use warm water to soak in new boots: you should take a bucket full of warm water. Soak your boots for 20-30 minutes. After soaking, let it dry properly. using the dryer to dry your boots. Then wear the boots with thick socks.
- Wear the boots in the house: To become more comfortable, wear your shoes at home before wearing them in the workplace. Wearing shoes with thick socks that help to extend the area in work boots according to your feet size.
- Using leather conditioner to soften the fibers: It is one of the best ways to break in work boots. You should buy a leather honey leather conditioner which helps to soften the leather fibers and increase the durability of work boots.
- Using mink oil on the boots: It is the safest way to break work boots. First of all, apply mink oil with a soft cotton pad on the upper surface of the boots and leave it overnight. Using tissue paper to remove extra oil and wair it for a few hours. It helps to mold the shape of your feet.
- Using dryer: it talks about a quick way, using a dryer is the best example. Firstly, take a hairdryer and start to heat all sides of the shoes. Then wear the boots and it will help to fiber mold into the shape of your feet.
- By using rubbing alcohol: alcohol is an act of an agent which softens the fibers. When spray rubbing alcohol on the boots that need to be broken in and wait for a few hours. Clean the alcohol with a wet cloth and then wear the boots. Using a dryer, the boots dry properly.
- Using a boot stretcher: is the fastest way to break the work boots. It is used to give perfect size and shape with the application of a boot stretcher.
Boot waterproofing wax:
When a worker is working in the winter or rainy seasons, water becomes a big challenge for them. If the boots are leaking, it creates big trouble for them. For all those reasons, they should need the right types of boot waterproofing wax. It is very easy to waterproof their boots by using waterproofing wax.
- Original beeswax waterproofing: it is made by using traditional beeswax. It helps to make leather strong and waterproof. It also helps to conditioner and lubricates the leather which increases the lifespan of boots. By using beeswax, hunter, kicking, and other workers free from the risk of leaking the boots. This wax helps to maintain flexibility and waterproofing in every difficult circumstance and keeps feet dry.
- Waterproofing wax for leather: it is insoluble in water and helps to keep moisture. When leather absorbs water, waterproofing wax helps to reduce the water. It helps to focus on their job and give a healthy feet environment.
- Kenetrek waterproofing boot wax: this wax is used for leather treatment. This wax is famous because it provides maximum waterproof protection. Workers are suffering from rainy weather, standing on water, sometimes on the mud puddles, and wet socks. This boot wax is water-resistant and water repellent. For that reason, it is the best option for them. Also, it is non-toxic and made with vegetable oil, natural ingredients that are safe for boots fabric, and your feet.
- Otter wax boot wax: this wax is made with beeswax lanolin. It is the best combination that gives excellent treatment to repair the leather boots. These boots help to repel water and stain. These properties make this wax the best leather waterproofing wax option for all.
Waterproof leather boots:
For workers, boots materials are very important. Leather is one of the options for boots because it gives maximum comfort, durability to the workers. When heavy rainfall or deep puddles, the leather boots become wet. So you should learn how to waterproof leather boots.
- Start with cleaning: the first step should be to clean the leather boots from any type of mud, dirt, and other unnecessary materials. Then let it dry properly.
- Waterproof spray: silicone or acrylic polymers with waterproofing spray may be the best option. It makes a water repellent barrier. Firstly place the boots in a ventilated area with plastic or paper. Then apply the acrylic or silicone spray 8 inches away and coat the entire uppers fully. Wait for 2-3 days to dry the boots.
- Beeswax: You need a golf-ball-sized piece of beeswax. Clean the boots properly and ensure that your boot dries perfectly. Then you rub the waterproofing wax over the upper surface of the boots. You should leave no cracks or space.
Best work boots for Barbers:
Barbers are standing on their feet for a long period. It may cause all sorts of pain and many foot diseases. So best work boots for barbers are needed.
- The boots are made with padded footbeds that help to recover all of the pain.
- It should have a shock-absorbing midsole that protects from any uneven situations.
- The boots should be made with good quality materials and a reliable construction method. It gives you maximum durability for at least a few years.
- The boots are built with flexible construction and the polished full-grain upper leather.
- The boots should have holes upgrade ventilation that helps to keep feet dry and gives maximum comfort to the feet.
- In these boots, anti-odor treatment is used which gives long-term wearability.
- The boots should be oil, chemical, and slip-resistant. It reduces the risk of falling, slipping on the slippery floor.
- The boots are made with a breathable and moisture-wicking lining that keeps the feet dry and free from bacterial colonization.
Best work boots for diesel machines:
A machinist is always exposed to oil, gases, and chemicals in their everyday life. Diesel machinists are standing on their feet. For those reasons, the best work boots for diesel machines are necessary.
- These boots have a steel toe cap that can withstand any falling object. It will protect their feet from an uneven shock matter.
- The boots parts like heel, arch, and toes should be cushioned that offers support and a comfortable area for feet.
- The boots are made with a slip-resistant outsole that protects you from this situation.
- The boots should have a breathable lining that offers airflow into the boots. It helps to prevent any bad odor, a fungal infection.
- These boots should be full-grain upper leather and rubber outsole. It offers maximum durability.
How to waterproof your work boots:
Wet conditions of boots can cause uncomfortable situations and may cause different types of foot disease like blisters, soggy feet, foot pain, etc. so you understand how to waterproof your work boots.
Clean the boots first: before starting the waterproofing process, ensure that you clean your boots fully from any type of dirt, oil, chemical, mud, etc. Taking a brush and removing the lace of the boots.
- Using a brush to remove dirt or other materials.
- Using a hose to clean the remaining dirt.
- Spray: it is very easy. Only spray on the boots and let them dry. Many types of spray like silicone, acrylic, or oil-based.
- Wax: when the wax is used to waterproof boots, a hairdryer is used to warm them. Using a clean cloth to apply on the boots and removing extra wax from the boots. Leave it to for a day.
- Creams: it is made from sheep’s will oil referred to as lanolin. Scrub boots with a soft brush rinse with water. Applying cream in a circular motion with a clean cloth and wait for a few hours. Then remove extra creams and leave them dry.
- Transmission oil: it gives better moisture protection to the feet. It helps to repel water.
- Dying: when all procedures of waterproofing are done, the boots leave to dry properly.
Workers doing very challenging jobs in risky situations. They also work in different environmental conditions. So always keeping them dry is very important.
If you work in wet conditions, it may cause foot diseases. So you should know how to waterproof your work boots.
Many waterproofing ways are given above. These ways are easy and practice at home to make your boots waterproof. It will reduce the risk of foot pain and disease. It will help to have a healthy foot environment and shine in your workplace.