While you are doing a job, you always need to feel secure and confident in your boots. But with loose lacing, you can not feel the way you need to, because it can give you hazards such as painful blisters.
Coping up with extra-long laces, or army eyelets through the wrong way may lead to uncomfortable and painful feet. Also, you need to tie your boot according to your occupation to stay comfortable in your workplace.
So if you want to know how to tie work boots, I am here to describe the different types of lacing tricks in this article.
How To Tie Boots Easily:
Firstly, you need to know that all the boots are not going to fit the same way. For a pair, you may need a more tight fit that provides extra ankle support, but for another pair, if the leather lacks flexibility or is thick, you may need a more responsive fit.
Over-Under Method Of Lacing The Boots:
If you want to create a snug and secure fit for the whole foot, this is a great method for you. If you feel much wiggle room for working on an unstable surface, you can give this method a try.
- Start with the bottom eyelets, thread from outward, where the laces enter to the eyelets from the upper side.
- Cross the laces from underneath to the other two eyelets. Pull them after both set of eyelets to make a snug fit.
- Repeat this method until finishing the tie and lacing with the standard bow.
- Try the boots on, make sure the fit is comfortable and supportive at the same time.
Military Boot Lacing Methods:
If your boots restrict motion, or the leather is stiff, you can follow this method. It will allow free movement of the foot and let the thick leather provide the needed support.
- Keep an even amount of lace on each side and thread them through the bottom eyelets.
- Thread both laces vertically instead of crossing them through the other two eyelets.
- Cross them and thread them throughout the 3rd set of eyelets and pull the laces snug to fit the boots.
- Thread them vertically through the 4th set of eyelets.
- Repeat the method, the tie with a bow. Make a double knot bow and tuck it if there is extra lacing.
These are two simple methods of tying boots. But still, if your hiking boots also make you uncomfortable, you can try the following three methods of lacing tricks as well—
This versatile and simple knot can prevent your heel from slipping. If you have too much internal volume to the top of your foot, it will slip excessively while hiking. To avoid this problem, follow the technique—
- Pull any slack in the lace out, snugging your boot over the top of the foot.
- Now locate the pairs of lace hooks close to the point of the beginning of your foot to flex forward.
- Wrap the laces over themselves twice, pull them tightly, and make sure to run the laces upto next hook.
- Lock the knot’s tension and repeat the step at the highest set of laces hook. After that, finish lacing the remaining in the usual way.
This method can alleviate pressure points to the top of the foot.
- Unlace down the boot to hooks that are below the pressure point.
- Now re-lace them by going straight up and to the next hook, then cross the laces over.
- Lastly, the rest of the boot should be laced in the usual way. Or, you can create a surgeon’s knot at the upper and lower edges of the window for snugger hold.
This remedy helps you to get back to the trailhead. If your toes are hurt, this method will help you to recover this problem by relieving pressure on the toe box.
- At first, unlace the boot completely.
- Now lace it back up, without the 1st hook set that takes the pressure off of your digits and opens the toe box.
These are another three methods of tying the boot. If you follow the techniques, in most of the cases, the problem should be treated. But if you still face the same discomfort and problems, you should get a new pair of boots for better performance.
Which Is The Best Method:
The army method is going to be your choice if the boots are rugged or stiff as new boots. You can use this method until you break in the boots and afterward.
Also, the over-under method can be the first choice if you need some added support and to prevent blisters and slips.
The window method is good for hiking, too. The main point is, every method can be your best choice according to your workplace and profession, so choose the steps accordingly. know more about work Boots for Motorcycle Riding.
If you get the techniques of how to tie work boots, you will be able to wear the boots without any pain, discomfort, or any other problems. For better performance, at first, you should choose the right size and right boot according to your need, and then tie them correctly, and you are free to use them as you need.