Wearing safety work boots is an important duty for the workers. They spend more than 8 hours every day on their job site. So work boots are very important for the workers. Many workers are the victims of job-related injuries every year. Safety work boots can protect themselves from those types of injuries like burning, electric shock, etc.
Also, maintaining the work boot’s temperatures is important because if the boot’s environment is unhealthy that means many diseases can occur. The worker must wear well-fitting shoes that will cushion and support the arch of the foot and ankles fully. It creates an embarrassing situation in the workplace. So workers should know how to keep their feet cool in boots.
Some causes of sweaty feet:
Sweating is a basic physiological function of the body for anyone. Sweating helps to reduce body temperature. It is one of the common problems for the workers. We know sweat is made of water with a small amount of urea, lactic acid, and many other minerals which enhance bacterial and fungal growth.
Bacteria and fungus may cause many foot diseases like cracking, healing, itching, and pain in the feet. It makes an uncomfortable situation for the workers. Workers can not concentrate on their jobs. It also causes a bad smell from the boots.
Worldwide, 5% of people are suffering from excessive sweat problems. Excessive sweating is a symptom of a medical condition which is known as hyperhidrosis. Several health issues occur from excessive sweating. For all those reasons, workers should learn how to keep their feet cool in work boots.
There are many causes to increase the temperature in work boots:
- Sometimes the natural cause is responsible for excessive sweating like an athlete’s foot. Sometimes excessive sweating is the result of anxiety.
- Weather is also responsible for sweating. When workers are working in a hot environment for long hours that may cause sweating.
- In some conditions, our sweat glands continue to produce sweat, this condition is known as hyperhidrosis.
- Workers are wearing heavy work boots which do not let their feet breathe which causes sweating. When workers wear close-fitting boots which make them extra sweaty.
- The sweating amount for a person depending on age, weight, sex, and other factors.
- Sweating is a normal liquid but it is metabolized by bacteria and fungus then it may cause foot skin diseases and unpleasant odor.
In the world, many workers face this problem every day. There are many boots for sweaty feet that are available in the market. From them, the best men’s work boots for sweaty feet are necessary.
- Sweaty feet may cause blisters, rashes in the legs and feet. It causes a bad smell after taking off the shoes. So the workers must wear breathable work boots which have mesh lining. By this lining, airflow easily ventilates their feet and maintains a cool temperature which reduces the rate of sweating.
- Workers must wear short shaft boots which let the airflow of the feet easily and remove increasing sweating.
- Workers do their job for a long time which puts pressure on their legs, feet, and ankles. So the boots are made with cushion and shock-absorbing midsoles.
- so often workers faced slipping, falling issues when walking on a slippery surface. So the boots should be made with oil and slip-resistant outsole which will give the traction to walk on the slippery surface without fear of falling and slipping.
- The durability of shoes is an important feature. boots are made with a good welt or cement construction method, globally known for maximum support and durability of the shoes.
UPS drivers are working very challenging jobs. They do their duty in different environmental conditions. They drive a long distance and their legs do not move for a long period. They have the responsibility to deliver the product to the destination safely. So best work boots for UPS drivers are needed.
- The boots should be made with a foam cushion insole which gives maximum comfort and decreases the risk of foot fatigue.
- The boots should be made with a waterproof and breathable membrane that keeps their feet dry in adverse conditions and prevents the risk of foot diseases.
- They need oil and slip-resistant outsoles which decrease the rate of injuries and give maximum support during their job time.
- The boots are made with rubber outsoles that absorb shock and provide maximum protection at the time of walking.
- The worker should wear wool socks which absorb more moisture than cotton socks and maintain a healthy foot environment.
Railroad workers work many hours per day. They deal with a lot of problems every day. They do their jobs surrounding many types of machinery, tools, and contact risk of electrical hazards. They stand for many hours on their feet which is hard for their legs and feet.
- In their job sites, they have the risk of puncture on their feet, and their boots should be made with puncture-resistant midsoles.
- When they work in wet conditions, their boots must have water-resistant features which give protection.
- The boots should be made with electrical hazard protection. This property of shoes protects them during working in contact with electrical stuff.
- The railroad workers are working surrounding the area of machinery, tools, vehicles, and risk of electrical hazard and shock. So best boots for railroad workers are needed.
- The boots should be made with a shock-absorbing midsole that protects their feet in uneven conditions.
- The boots must have water-resistant features which protect the feet from sweating. Worker feet cool in steel toe boots. If the boots are made with steel or composite toe, it protects against getting their toe crushed.
- Railroad workers doing their jobs 8-10 hours per day. So they need a pair of shoes with cushioned insoles and midsoles, mesh lining which gives comfort and heals the foot environment in the shoes.
Some ways to keep feet cool in the work boots:
There are many ways to keep feet cool in work boots:
- After coming home, they should clean their feet with a scrub or antimicrobial soap and warm water can be used. By following this way, they keep their feet clean and reduce the sweating amount of the feet.
- They should buy breathable boots which have great moisture-wicking features. This property absorbs the sweat and makes a perfect way of air ventilation inside the work boots.
- Socks are very important for feet. They should use socks which have better absorbing quality. Some socks have an antimicrobial lining.
- After reaching home, take off the boots and let them sundry if possible. If it is not possible then use a boots dryer which evaporates the feet sweat from the shoes.
- Some cooling foot powder such as talcum powder, cornstarch powder has a beneficial effect in this matter. After cleaning feet, rub this powder on the feet or the boots directly which prevents sweating. The powder has antimicrobial and adorable properties which remain dry on their feet for a long time.
- For sweating, many bacteria can accumulate in the boots. So use antiperspirant spray alternatively with powder.
- Dehydration is a common cause of sweating. So drink at least 7-8 glasses of water every day on hot days because it reduces sweating.
- They should always use alternative boots.
- It does not matter how busy schedules are, make a habit of taking off socks and boots 2-3 times daily. Surely it will provide them a comfortable feet environment.
Following all these ways, they can cool their feet in boots which helps them to focus on their job place.
Each sector of workers needs a pair of shoes that gives them maximum comfort, durability, and support. Sweating and itching feet are common problems for them. Most of the workers are suffering from this problem. It may cause foot diseases and create unhealthy conditions in the boots. Some tips are given above by which they can reduce excessive foot sweating and maintain a healthy foot environment. Also, they can avoid foot diseases and concentrate on their job.